Friday 12 November 2010

LSOH #25 - Out Now


I rarely advertise on The Celluloid Highway, but the magazine Little Shoppe of Horrors continues to excel and put the majority of genre magazines to shame. October 2010's issue is of special importance to me because it covers in detail my favourite British horror film of all time - Tigon Productions' 1971 folk horror masterpiece Blood on Satan's Claw. With brilliant performances from Patrick Wymark, Linda Hayden and Anthony Ainley, and a weird avant-garde score by Marc Wilkinson, Pier's Haggard's film  has steadily risen in reputation over the years and is well deserving of its cult following and further study. If you haven't seen the film yet I wholeheartedly recommend it. 

To order your copy of Little Shoppe of Horrors visit Hemlock Books.

3 comments:

  1. I really love LSoH. That magazine goes from strength to strength. The Amicus issue from a year or two ago is like a standalone book in magazine format. I am halfway through reading #25 and it's again first class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip-off Shaun!

    "Blood On Satan's Claw" is my favourite British horror film too - probably one of my favourite films period in fact, so any and all new info/writing on it is welcome; never read LSoH before but I'll certainly pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Amicus issue was the very first one I picked up Holger, it is easily the best resource for Amicus on the market. Since then I have managed to pick up a few back issues without breaking the bank. Still waiting for my copy of #25, but its on it way.

    Hello there Ben - Thats what I'm here for! - Definitely worth a purchase, not cheap though, you wont have much change out of £10. Its great to see someone else rates BOSC so highly. For so many years I appeared to be in club of one rating it as the greatest British horror film, but in the last few years it has slowly risen to a position of some prominence.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails